welcome Friends from the Girl Scouts Outdoor Journey idea Facebook page! Be sure to follow us on Facebook for more great ideas.
Sheep and Hynea was a game from Sudan that our Brownies tried and loved at Girl Scout camp. The girls played Sheep and Hyena as part of earning their retired Playing Around the World Try-It and loved it.
This active outdoor game requires at least 10 people to play.
Sheep and Hyena Game from Sudan
- You will need one “hyena” and 2-3 “sheep,” depending on the size of your group.
- The remaining players form a tight circle, holding hands.
- The “hyena” stays outside the circle. The sheep are inside.
- The players in the circle try to keep the hyena from getting inside the circle to get the sheep.
- The game ends when the hyena gets the sheep (or is ready for a change!)