Girl Scouting is all about giving back to others. And the Daisy “Make the World a Better Place” petal is a perfect fit and introduction to this idea.
Here are 10 ways to earn your rose “Make the World a Better Place” Daisy Girl Scout petal:
- See a need and start a drive. My then-first-grade Daisy Girl Scouts collected shoes for tornado victims when an F-5 tornado hit the town of Henryville, Indiana. It was a simple effort that started with cleaning out our closets that grew to a churchwide collection of hundreds of shoes.
- Do a Random Act of Kindness Day.
- Donate used books to a library or a preschool.
- Clean up trash in a city park.
- Play this “Let’s Recycle” sorting game. (Free printable)
- Read Harry The Happy Mouse: Teaching children to be kind to each other.
- Plant flowers.
- Read Beatrice’s Goat, a story of how a poor girl was able to attend school after receiving a goat and then selling its milk to get the money needed to buy her books
- Participate in a My New Red Shoes project.
- Plant some free wildflower seeds and help save the bees and butterflies.
What did your troop do for the Make Your World a Better Place petal? Share your ideas below!