Girl Scouting is all about giving back to others. And the Daisy “Make the World a Better Place” petal is a perfect fit and introduction to this idea.
Here are 10 ways to earn your rose “Make the World a Better Place” Daisy Girl Scout petal:
- See a need and start a drive. My then-first-grade Daisy Girl Scouts collected shoes for tornado victims when an F-5 tornado hit the town of Henryville, Indiana. It was a simple effort that started with cleaning out our closets that grew to a churchwide collection of hundreds of shoes.
- Do a Random Act of Kindness Day.
- Donate used books to a library or a preschool.
- Clean up trash in a city park.
- Play this “Let’s Recycle” sorting game. (Free printable)
- Read Harry The Happy Mouse: Teaching children to be kind to each other.
- Plant flowers.
- Read Beatrice’s Goat, a story of how a poor girl was able to attend school after receiving a goat and then selling its milk to get the money needed to buy her books
- Participate in a My New Red Shoes project.
- Plant some free wildflower seeds and help save the bees and butterflies.
[…] 10 Ways to Earn the Make the World a Better Place Daisy Petal […]
[…] Let’s Recycle sort game – Is a free printable you can use with your girls came from Lakeshore learning – click here for pdf One of my favorite sites to visit is Using Resources Wisely. She is another amazing resource for you all to be sure to follow. She shared 10 great ideas to help you earn the Make the World a Better Place Petal. Check them out here […]