A little bit of kindness goes a long way. Reinforcing the “Friendly and Helpful” aspect of the Girl Scout Law, even if your daughter has completed her yellow Daisy petal, is never a bad thing!
10 ways to earn the Friendly and Helpful Daisy Girl Scout Petal
- Open the doors for guests at your church or meeting location.
- Read Hodge the Hedgehog.
- Learn about friendly greetings around the world.
- Play “Friendly…or Not?”
- Make “Helping Hands.”
- Create a troop kaper chart.
- Talk about “Put-ups” versus “Put-downs.” Challenge the girls to do five “put-ups” during the next week.
- Talk about “filling the bucket” with kind acts.
- Join an older troop on a community service project, or create one yourself. (Granted at this age, you will have to do 90% of the logistics, but it is a beautiful experience for your girls and it’s amazing what you can accomplish. Check out what our Daisies did when a tornado devastated a community.)
- Create a coupon book for your parents.
Want more ideas? Pin 50 ways to make a difference without spending a single penny.
Note: This post does contain an affiliate link, which helps support our scouting adventures and this blog.
How can I help you best as a troop leader?
Share your worries, idea needs and more below! And don’t forget to reach out and sign up for our enewsletter.