It’s an Olympic year! So why not tap into our athletic roots by taking on Greece for World Thinking Day?
Scouting in Greece:
The Greek Guiding Association (Soma Hellinidon Odigon) is the national guiding/scouting association in Greece.
The association is divided in four age-groups:
- Asteria – Stars (ages 5 to 7)
- Poulia – Birds (ages 7 to 11)
- Odigoi – Guides (ages 11 to 14)
- Megaloi Odigoi/Naftodigoi – Rangers/Sea Rangers (ages 14 to 17)
If You Were Me and Lived in…Greece: A Child’s Introduction to Culture Around the World
Buy a print copy of Greece (Visit to…)
Buy a print copy of Greece: The Culture (Lands, Peoples, & Cultures)
Buy a copy of Cultural Traditions in Greece (Cultural Traditions in My World)
- Recipes for baklava, chicken slouvaki and tzatiki.
- Kourabie (sugar powdered Christmas butter cookies)
- Make Olympic torches – this is where the Olympics originated. Cut straws into about 1 inch pieces wrapped that in felt and then stick red and orange tissue in the end for the fire.
- Post the Greek alphabet and the English equivalent, and have girls write their name in Greek on a card.
- Ancient Greek Art Vase Painting
- Make Olympic ring bracelets.
- How another troop celebrated Greece for Thinking Day.
- How Daisies celebrated Greece.
What other Thinking Day ideas do you have for Greece? Share your ideas and pins below!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which help support our scouting adventures!
[…] Greece […]