This rededication ceremony uses GORP, a traditional Girl Scout snack, to highlight the gifts each girl brings to her troop. It would be a fun twist on the Brownies Snacks badge as well.
GORP Girl Scout Rededication Ceremony
Have you ever wondered what goes into making a Girl Scout? Well, we have a recipe to make to show you what we’re all about.
1. Girl Scouts come in all colors, from cities and towns, Every Girl Scout’s a sister no matter what she looks like or how she sounds.
Add M&Ms to the bowl.
2. Some of us are tall, and some of us are small. When we get together, size doesn’t matter at all.
Add pretzel sticks and marshmallows.
3. With our words and our actions, we show that we care, We try to do our best to be fair and square.
Add Chex cereal to the mix.
4. Sometimes we act a little “nuts”, we love to joke and play. We’d love to put a Girl Scout smile into everyone’s day.
Add nuts to the bowl.
5. When we get together, we make circles so round. It’s our never-ending friendships to which we are bound.
Add Cheerios to the mix.
6. When we’re planning and working, we just don’t stop, We keep ourselves busy; all around we will pop.
7. We respect all God’s creatures, if they’re big or they’re small, The earth is our home, and there is room here for all.
Add Goldfish Crackers or Animal Crackers.
8. It was 1912 when Juliette Low started us off, And like the girls back then, we’re just “chips off the old block”
Add butterscotch, chocolate and white chocolate chips.
9. We get a “kick” out of learning and doing new things, And a “kick” out of helping others, and spending time with friends.
Add Kix cereal to the bowl.
10. When we were (Previous grade level) we were fresh, new and rare, But now we’re (Next grade level) and have experience to share. Added together, the number of years our girls have spent in Girl Scouting comes to ___.
Add raisins, counting out loud, or each girl can contribute the number of raisins that represent the number of years she has been in Girl Scouts.
11. Now we stir to the left and we stir to the right, We mix it together with all of our might. We welcome our troop to another great year, And hope the memories they make, they will always hold dear.
Now that our recipe is complete, we look upon what we have created. Each of the ingredients went into our recipe separately, just like each of the girls came into the troop separately. As the ingredients mix together to form one dish, our girls mix together to form a troop. But even as we look upon our mix, we can still see each ingredient as separate and unique. Our girls bring each of their own unique talents and characteristics to our troop to make it what it is.
[…] a Girl Scout rededication ceremony (try this GORP Rededication Ceremony for younger scouts or this Rededication Ceremony for Cadettes, Seniors and […]