No matter if you are a new or seasoned troop leader, the beginning of the year may bring mild panic: What are we going to do?
Never fear. We’ve got some starter meeting plans right here.
Several councils do offer meeting plans for the first four to six meetings. Here are a sampling of them:
- Daisy Girl Scouts first four meeting plans
- Brownie troop first four meeting plans
- Junior Girl Scouts first four meeting plans
- Cadette Girl Scouts first five meeting plans
- Senior Girl Scout first five meetings outline
- First four Cadette/Senior/Ambassador meeting plans
Once you’ve gotten past the first couple of meetings and have gotten a sense of your girls’ personalities and interests, then check out online plans for badge and patch programs. The Girl Scouts of Central Illinois Council offers an online booklet of troop activity ideas by month. And, for just a bit of a throwback, check out 100 Ideas for Troop Meetings…dated 1953.
What other great resources for getting your scouting year started have you found?