Stir up a magical meal. Why not have your scouts create a magical Christmas dinner straight out of Harry Potter. border=”0″ />
The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook Presents: A Magical Christmas Menu offers a number of dishes, from appetizers through desserts, referenced from the holiday seasons in the wizarding universe. I love that this book references not only the stories in which these appeared but the cultural aspects in Muggle life – such as English, Irish and Roman history of these dishes – making it a fun accompaniment for England or Ireland for Thinking Day!
The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook Presents: A Magical Christmas Menu is currently available as a free e-book on Amazon, and it would make a fabulous cooking adventure for Juniors or Cadettes working on their cooking legacy badges.
The girls can make recipes such as:
- Cornish Pastries (Goblet of Fire, chapter 31)
- Creamy Onion Soup (Half-Blood Prince, chapter 5)
- Glazed Carrots (Sorcerer’s Stone, chapter 7)
- Irish Soda Bread (Half-Blood Prince, chapter 5)
- Christmas Pudding for Kids (Chamber of Secrets, chapter 12)
- Rhubarb Crumble with Custard Sauce (Order of the Phoenix, chapter 5)
- Christmas Trifle (Chamber of Secrets, chapter 12)
- Peppermint Humbugs (Sorcerers Stone, chapter 7)
What recipe are you most anxious to try?