Stir up a magical meal. Why not have your scouts create a magical Christmas dinner straight out of Harry Potter. border=”0″ />
The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook Presents: A Magical Christmas Menu offers a number of dishes, from appetizers through desserts, referenced from the holiday seasons in the wizarding universe. I love that this book references not only the stories in which these appeared but the cultural aspects in Muggle life – such as English, Irish and Roman history of these dishes – making it a fun accompaniment for England or Ireland for Thinking Day!
The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook Presents: A Magical Christmas Menu is currently available as a free e-book on Amazon, and it would make a fabulous cooking adventure for Juniors or Cadettes working on their cooking legacy badges.
The girls can make recipes such as:
- Cornish Pastries (Goblet of Fire, chapter 31)
- Creamy Onion Soup (Half-Blood Prince, chapter 5)
- Glazed Carrots (Sorcerer’s Stone, chapter 7)
- Irish Soda Bread (Half-Blood Prince, chapter 5)
- Christmas Pudding for Kids (Chamber of Secrets, chapter 12)
- Rhubarb Crumble with Custard Sauce (Order of the Phoenix, chapter 5)
- Christmas Trifle (Chamber of Secrets, chapter 12)
- Peppermint Humbugs (Sorcerers Stone, chapter 7)
What recipe are you most anxious to try?
I’ve seen this on Amazon and thought it would be great for Harry Potter fans! Thank you for linking up with Read Aloud Wednesday!
How fun! I have a few Harry Potter-crazy friends who would love to add this to their collection!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Excellent idea! And the price is right too 🙂
What a super fun idea! We are huge Harry Potter fans. 🙂 Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMAttersParty
Life With Lorelai
[…] with a cooking day, using recipes from Magical Summer Sweets: Harry Potter Inspired Recipes or Magical Menu: Harry Potter Cooking for Christmas Meals. […]
[…] Fix a Harry Potter-themed holiday dinner or a Yule Ball. […]