It’s the day after Halloween, and you’re facing THE STASH.
More candy than you ever want to see…
What’s a scout parent to do?
Here are some ways to cleverly use up that Halloween candy collection at home or in an upcoming scout meeting:
- STEM Challenge: Sink or Float Candies
- Edible cell model
- Skittles paint
- Balancing with M&Ms
- Growing Gummy Worms
- Pixy Stix Crystals
- Chocolate Bloom Experiment
- Pop Rocks Experiments
- Make an Advent calendar
- Make Stained-Glass Cookies (or freeze the chocolate for holiday baking!)
- Crumble up the candies for ice cream or caramel apple toppings.
- Hide the candy for using on a gingerbread house in a few weeks.
- Donate to Operation Christmas Child or Operation Gratitude
These are really great ideas! Thank you for passing them on.
Great list! I’d never thought of some of those. Last year we took surplus candy to a dentist’s office that was paying kids by the pound for it – I think it must have been part of Operation Gratitude. My kids are excited to do it again this year (yes, I need to get on that!)
Thanks for sharing your tips with the #made4kids linkup.
The idea of an advent calendar is GENIUS! Thanks for sharing at Share the Wealth Sundays!