Australia is rich in ideas for troops looking for Thinking Day ideas. From aborigines to Olympics in Sydney, there’s plenty to explore.
Girl Guides Australia celebrated the 100th anniversary in 2010 and has been part of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts since its founding in 1928. More than a million Australian women have been or are still Guides.
Girl Guides Australia has five age groups:
- Gumnut Guides ages 5-6 years
- Brownie Guides ages 7- 11
- Girl Guides 11-14 years
- Ranger Guides 14-18 years
- Rangers 18-25 years
- The Magpie is the emblem of South Australia
- The Southern Cross is for Victoria
- The Platypus is Tasmania
- The Black Swan is Western Australia
- The Waratah is New South Wales & the Australian Capital Territory
- The Black Cockatoo is Northern Territory
- The Koala is Queensland
Learn the Kookabura song! This is actually Australian but was a favorite camp song when I was a Girl Scout.
- Try Veggiemite! I had an Australian friend in college, and Veggiemite was eaten with about everything.
- Anzac Biscuits
What other Thinking Day ideas do you have for Australia? Share your ideas and pins below!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which help support our scouting adventures!